Every Android user has experienced the feeling of losing valuable photos and videos from their Android phone or tablet. That is precisely when we search for a reputable Android data recovery app or software that allows us to recover the information we lost, whether it was pictures, videos, contacts, or other valuable information.
You can use the apps and software in this section to scan your phone’s storage and find and restore deleted data.
Without wasting a minute let’s jump onto the list of data recovery software:
Table of Contents
Recuva (Our Pick!)
Piriform has developed Recuva, a powerful PC file recovery software, and it was developed by Piriform. When you run the program, it scans your storage device and finds all deleted files, then shows you which ones it is able to recover. This makes the recovery process much easier because most of the data is not overwritten with new data. More than thirty languages are available for the software.
This lightweight freemium software was first released in 2007 and has gained a lot of popularity in the undeletion and files recovery market as it can easily find, scan, and restore deleted files from various storage devices including memory cards, digital cameras, hard drives, portable media players, USB flash drives, and even cell phones.
- Best Known For: Recovering lost files and data from computers, external drives, mobile phones, digital cameras, and USB drives.
- Software Type: Compatible with Windows-based computers and devices.
- Pricing: Freemium, costs about $19.95 for a lifetime license.
Dr. Fone Android Data Recovery
In some cases, you might need to recover data from a lost or deleted Android device or a SD card with Dr. Fone Android Data Recovery. There is also a WhatsApp Transfer functionality in this software, in addition to the basic data recovery functionality, and there are also tools for transferring data between telephones, unlocking phone screens, managing phones, recovering systems, backing up phones, and erasing data.
In addition to being compatible with more than 6 thousand Android smartphones and tablets, Dr. Fone’s Android Data Recovery software is also capable of retrieving files from broken Android devices. Not only can the app restore files and photos, it can easily find and restore phone data such as call logs, videos, SMS messages, contacts, and other apps as well.
- Best Known For: Recovering files, photos, videos, call logs, app data, and message data from Android devices.
- Software Type: App, software, and services that allow you to recover Android data.
- Pricing: Freemium, lifetime license for up to five mobile devices, and one PC costs a one-time fee of $49.95.
Gihosoft Free Android Data Recovery
Gihosoft Android Data Recovery is a free yet powerful data recovery tool for Android smartphones and tablets. You can run a deep scan using this software to discover all your deleted data, regardless of whether the files are on your internal or external storage. Android phones that have been broken or factory reset can be recovered using this software.
That’s not all – the Gihosoft Free Android Data Recovery software has such powerful features that it can help you retrieve deleted data like photos, videos, WhatsApp messages, contacts, and other data in just a few clicks. There is no root access requirement for the software to run on Android devices manufactured by OnePlus, Samsung, Motorola, HTC, LG, Google, Xiaomi, and others.
- Best Known For: Finding all lost and deleted data and guiding you through the process of restoring them.
- Software Type: Android recovery software can be installed on both PCs and Macs.
- Pricing: Freemium software with a lifetime license costing $49.95. It works on a PC and includes lifetime support and upgrade.
How Does Data Recovery Software and App Work?
Whenever you delete a file, regardless of whether it is on your computer or mobile device, your operating system instructs storage to show that space as an unused sector and this effectively deletes the file.
Though the data has been visually removed, it still exists in the storage and is rendered unreadable by the system even if the files are removed from the recycle bin. Surprisingly, it remains this way and the file is recoverable until new data or file is stored/written onto the exact same sector in the storage. That is exactly how every single data recovery software works.