Recently, Instagram has added desktop support for web browser extensions and add-ons that let anyone watch the live Instagram stream on their desktop computer.
Since most Instagram users are forced to stay at home during a pandemic, this change went into effect as the vast majority of them prefer to use PCs rather than smartphones or tablets to consume content shared on the social media platform.
In addition, third-party apps and services making it possible to watch Instagram live on a PC gained tremendous popularity, so developers were aware of the potential. A separate column displays emojis and comments sent by the live video viewers, which allows you to concentrate more on the actual content.
I will direct you straight to my guide on watching Instagram live on your computer without further ado.
Guide to Watch Instagram Live on PC
Watching live Instagram broadcasts on PC has become easier and simpler than ever, it will take you just 3 minutes. Simply follow the guide:
- You should launch the browser of your choice on your PC. The browser I recommend is Google Chrome. Your choice of browser is up to you.
- Go to the official website of Instagram at Instagram.com.
- You will be prompted to enter your login details. If you prefer, you can log in using your Facebook account as well since Facebook owns the service.
- If you have two-factor authentication active then you will need to enter the code sent via SMS or use the authenticator app to get the code.
- Upon logging in, you will find the complete recent stories row from every account you are following in the top left or right corner of your screen. Those who started live video broadcasts will appear first on the list and be highlighted on the live button if any have already started.
- You can join the live video by clicking on the icon and you can become part of it and start watching Instagram live from your PC.
Similar to the Android/iOS app, the Instagram desktop interface also allows you to leave a comment or show your feelings through emoji reactions.
You can’t start an Instagram live video from the desktop site, add stories, or share a new post with your followers as that is the only limitation so far. Mobile apps still offer these features.
Currently, Instagram is soaring in popularity with users who used to be on YouTube or Facebook switching to Instagram because of the clean interface and all-at-once view that gives you an overview of each post while you scroll through your feed. In addition, users have an easier time consuming and sharing content with their followers.
Additionally, you can find your target audience on Instagram more easily than on any other social media site. Using hashtags and tagging other relevant accounts will help you gain exposure on your posts, stories, and live broadcasts on the site.